Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shake It Like A Polaroid Picture


Except, you know, not really. Put it in your bag or pocket instead while it develops.

This is #59 in my second attempt at the 365 Days project on Flickr. I was successful last year & hope to be this year as well. I decided to go with a theme so as to make it more interesting to me & therefore hopefully keep me engaged for 365 days in a row. At the end of the year I hope to compile all of the photographs into a book. During the year I am considering making some available to purchase. I always find that odd, though, the thought of selling a self-portrait. It's not the style of photography I normally sell & I always wonder why people would want to buy photos of the photographer. But apparently many people do, so who am I to say they can't buy my self-portraits?? I won't keep myself from the masses any longer. If I do sell any of them individually they will be as limited edition prints. Set number of prints, one size fits all, same finish. Then that's it, the end.

In this photograph I'm holding the Polaroids I shot today. Out of a 10 pack I only got 5 keepers. I'm picky. It's sad that this & the cost of film make using my Polaroid cameras so prohibitive.

No comments: