Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Red + Shadow


I am sorry for being such a slacker in regard to this blog! It only harms me, but I find that the older I get the less likely I am to share much of myself in this format. I stick to short blurbs on Twitter or Facebook. There are many things I'd like to write about, especially in regard to photography as a "career" for me (it's not technically possible because of the nature of my mental illnesses/disorders & that is really hard for me to accept), but I should at least try to be more responsible about just posting my art if nothing else. It doesn't necessarily mean I have to talk about myself after all. I'll try. It is in my best interest, of course!

But on the personal tip, I will share this: I fell down the steps in the back of the bus today & inured the crap out of my right leg & arm. The whole situation was made more traumatic by a rude driver, one of our local crazies telling the driver he thought I was drunk, and the fact that it triggered an attack & therefore I handled the situation very poorly. I wish I had it to do over again, I would ignore the driver & get off at my intended stop. I'd still be injured, but at least I wouldn't have had to deal with any of the crap that followed.

In ELBfoto news I have been updating my ArtFire shop more than my Etsy shop. I have stacks of packaged prints left over from the Handmaidens show that I am slowly adding.

2 comments:

Athena said...

Gosh, I hope you're okay soon! You'd think that someone would have been sympathetic and helped you, instead of being rude and accusing. Too many jerks in this world.

Ericka Bailie-Byrne said...

Thanks Athena.
I was helped up by two passengers. Unfortunately one of them was the guy who told the driver he thought I was drunk. He seemed to think this was funny. But whatever, I'm trying to let it go & move on.